Your favorite left sidebar content goes here

Awareness Tools

With all the news and information found across the web, it can be a daunting task to try and keep up with a lot of your favorite material.  In generations past, having a free voice that was heard by people from all sorts of places was very difficult. Lots of communication between people came through verbal speech or the mail. Popular news was nearly as primative.

The society we live in today is so very different. The challenge is no longer in finding new sources to get material and information that interests you, rather, now the task for many people is to keep track of all the happenings in society, politics, popular culture, entertainment, etc.

Many times I have mentioned in my blog posts just how monumental the amount of information that can be found on the web can be. So here yet again is another tool someone can use with which to gather content, sort it, and categorize it so that it becomes readily and available for easy access and viewing.

For my post on awareness tools I checked out the popular social news website reddit.com. Reddit is a great site to visit for anyone looking for popular Internet content. The site’s built in search feature is great for pulling up articles that have been submitted or shared by real people, not search engines or databases.  On top of that, users from reddit.com can rate each other’s submissions and either ‘like’ or ‘dislike’ them. For example, a currently hot news article from BBC news is about how British police threaten to arrest people who gather in public parks for planned water gun fights. The article talks about a danger to the traffic patterns near the public parks.

It’s only natural that this article would pop up on the front page for me when I visited reddit.com, because in the past couple of hours it has sparked a good deal of controversy in London; and a good amount of users on reddit.com have given the link a thumbs up.

Reddit.com is a great website and tool with current popular information and news articles that are made easily accessible for anyone looking to read about current events and happenings in the world.

RSS Ackermann’s Blog

• Thing 15 – Awareness Tools
    10 The Computer Age (In Motion) Had Enough? No doubt, the Internet and the Web are becoming indispensable, helpful, useful, and interesting. Every day in this class we’ve been looking into different tools, concepts, or ‘things.’ A few people have written in blogs that they don’t need some tools, for example  social bookmarking sites and […]
3K2 theme by Hakan Aydin